Principal Still Walking Free Despite Allegations of Forcing Himself on Male Students

Read Time:6 Minute, 13 Second

Police in Kieni West sub county are yet to arrest a senior school administrator who is alleged to have sexually abused his two male students.

Calls to have the teacher from Aboni Mixed Secondary School arrested escalated over the weekend with area MP Kanini Kega called for the speedy conclusion of the case after parents held peaceful demos over the same.

But area sub county Director of Education Mr. George Karangu said the male teacher is still a free man two weeks after he was accused of sexually assaulting two Form Three students.

Karangu said his office had finalized their report on the matter and handed it to the County Director of Education Mrs. Sabina Aroni therefore he was not in a position to comment on its progress.

He however said the teacher is currently out of school to ensure his safety and also enable Police to undertake their investigations.

“We did our own investigations and passed the case to our seniors and so it is no longer at the sub county level. It is now at the county level,” he told the press. “And now there is the Police from who we are waiting for action,” he added.

The officer has also assured parents and students of the government’s commitment to ensure justice is served to the aggrieved party in the event the case goes to full trial.

Karangu has in the meantime met and spoken with the students and staff of the school to help calm tension at the institution even as Police do their work in getting down to the bottom of the weird incident.

“The teacher is not in school. He can’t be in a school because irate members of the public can kill him. I also went to the school and talked to the students and assured them of their security. At my level I have done that,” he said.

The file of the administrator was only handed over to the office of the Director of Public Prosecution (ODPP) last week days after the matter was reported by the school.

Kieni West Police boss Ali Mohammed confirmed the new move to the press on Friday morning as parents of the affected victims demanded action to be taken against the suspect.

Mohamed however says they are still waiting for directions from the ODPP before they can take any action against the teacher.

“We are aware of the alleged incident at Aboni Mixed School and our officers have launched investigations and handed over the file of the suspect to the office of the Directorate of Public Prosecution. Once we get the nod for the way forward, we shall take the necessary action,” he told reporters last week.

On her part Mrs. Aroni told the media her office has finished compiling their report on the matter and handed it to the Teachers Service Commission as a matter of procedure.

Aroni also said while everything is being done to get to the root of the matter, the onus of the case lies with the police who are currently probing the incident together with the public health department whose report would form a crucial part in corroborating the victims’ statements.

“We heard about the allegations and the case was reported to the Police and our people followed up. We have done our investigations and handed over our report to the office of Teachers Services Commission,” she said.

On why it has taken close to two weeks for any action to be taken against the alleged perpetrator, Aroni said no arrests can be done until the police have concluded their findings.

The administrator came in the spotlight last week after he was accused of forcing the two students into unnatural sexual acts.

According to Jecinta Mwangi, a guardian to one of the victims, she came to learn about the matter this month after the boy finally agreed to open up to her.

Mwangi who took in the boy after his mother became mentally challenged said the teacher’s weird advances started in March last year where he used to lure the boy into his office before sodomizing him.

She alleges that the sexual escapades became so frequent to the point of affecting the boy emotionally.

During these encounters the teacher would order the boy to swear by eccentric oaths while warning him never to disclose the matter to anyone as doing so would result in swift death.

The tortuous ordeal became so traumatizing that the boy began dropping from position one in his class to position three, something that has left the family worried about his future academic performance.

“These sexual rendezvous began in September last year when the teacher began molesting this boy but had remained unknown until this year. In fact, it is only after a classmate complained about the same teacher that my son agreed to open up on what he had been going through all along. However, I had started noting changes in his countenance and mood which was quite unusual but every time I asked, he would keep mum,” she told reporters.

She is however hopeful the suspect will be brought to book now that the matter has been taken up by the police, Education Ministry officials and the Department of Children Services.

The boy has also been taken through a medical checkup at the Nyeri County Referral Hospital and declared medically safe.

Mwangi has however been advised to seek the services of a professional counselor to help the boy go through psychological therapy.

“The harrowing ordeal has really taken a psychological toll on the boy and medics have advised us to take him to a specialized counsellor to help him recover from the experience. Since August his condition has deteriorated so much to the extent that he has started dropping in class where he used to be top. His feeding has also changed for the worse and as we speak, he has not taken anything since yesterday,” she disclosed.

Stephen Maina, the father of the other victim, says he only came to learn of the incident on Wednesday last week through a phone call from his son.

On receiving the shocking information, he advised his son to raise the alarm in the event the teacher attempted to assault again.

On September 10 this year the teacher is said to have called the boy to his office and asked him to strip.

On realizing the boy was adamant, he is said to have seized the shocked student and tried to force him to undress to which the terrified student shouted for help drawing the attention of school staff.

To save face, the suspect claimed the boy had run berserk and that he was therefore trying to calm him down.

“My son called and informed me about what the administrator had been doing to him after luring him to the office during lunch hours. He further informed me of how the administrator had warned him against disclosing the incidents at the threat of death. We have also been informed that the teacher is a habitual sex offender and had been transferred from his previous school after allegedly committing a similar offence,” he said.

Last week Karangu confirmed the matter was under investigation and the boys had already recorded statements with the Police and the Kieni West County Children Office.

Karangu nevertheless requested the affected parents to remain calm and let the relevant authorities handle the issue to its logical end.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous post Kenya Rolls Out National Accelerated Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign
Next post Joho Orders Reopening of Public Beaches